Auditions for DreamFables
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for our new web series Dream Fables. Auditions will be on Monday August 14th. They are in the Lake City neighborhood in Seattle. We will send the exact location when your audition is confirmed.
IMPORTANT; PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE, including the FAQ, before requesting an audition.
How to Sign Up to Audition
To request an audition, email us at: email@example.com
When you request an audition, choose a TIME SLOT from the list below. You must let us know a time slot or we can’t set up the audition. Choose one from this list:
- 12 noon – FULL
- 1 pm – OPEN
- 2 pm – FULL
- 3 pm – OPEN
- 4 pm – OPEN
- 5 pm – OPEN
- 6 pm – FULL
- 7 pm – FULL
- 8 pm – FULL
- 9 pm – OPEN
To the actors auditioning: Please read over ALL of the sides below. We may read from any of them in the audition. We are not asking actors to memorize them. It’s fine to do the audition script-in-hand.
- SIDES – EXCERPT FROM JOHNNY DEATH (MAN AND WOMAN)
- SIDES FROM XEROS 1- DAWN -MARIANNE (TWO WOMEN)
- SIDES FROM XEROS 2 – TONY (TWO MEN, ONE WOMAN)
- SIDE – SCENE FROM MARIE (MAN AND WOMAN)
- SHADOW PLAY – SIDES (TWO WOMEN)
- Sunday Morning sides (TWO MEN)
Read the FAQ below BEFORE you sign up to audition:
- What is DreamFables? It’s a “Twilight Zone” type of web series. The means that every episode will be a different little “movie” with different actors.
- Will the actors receive IMDB credit? We do plan on submitting all of the episodes to IMDB. So many actors will be getting IMDB credits.
- Is it aimed at kids or adults? Some episodes will have “R” rated language (such as the “F” word). So it’s not intended for kids.
- What are the stories about? Robots, aliens, time travel, space travel, horror, monsters, comedy, zombies, vampires, and other SF/fantasy themes. Some episodes will be dramatic. Others will be whimsical. Some will be fantasy. Some will be science fiction.
- Will the same actors appear in all of the episodes? Each week will be a DIFFERENT short SF/fantasy story with DIFFERENT actors. But some actors may be cast again after appearing in one episode, to play a different character later in a different episode.
- What kinds of actors do you need? As time goes on, we expect to need actors of all ages, races, body types, and ethnicities.
- Will you need child actors? Possibly. If so we’ll hold a different audition. This audition is for adults 18 and older.
- Are the actors paid? We would love to have the web series eventually turn into a financially successful series which is generating an income, making it possible to pay actors and pay the other people (producers, directors, writers, composer, etc.) But at this point, it is ALL VOLUNTEER. None of us (producers, directors, actors, composers, editors) are being paid for our work. We’re doing it just for fun, as a labor of love.
- Do I need to bring a headshot? No, just send one by email when you apply to audition.
- What if I don’t have a headshot yet? I’m listing this question because I’ve invited some of my former acting students to audition. If you are a former student of mine, I realize you may not have a formal headshot yet. In this case, just attach a photo to your email that looks like you. The photo will help me keep you in mind when doing the casting.
- When will filming take place? All filming will be on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Do I need to prepare a monologue? No, the audition is a sight read. Just show up and read a character from the sides.
- Are there script excerpts (sides) available to view before my audition? See above.
- What are the film dates? All filming will take place on Saturdays and Sundays, in the greater Seattle area. Some episodes will be filmed in September. Others will be filmed in November and December.
- So are you asking actors to keep ALL of our weekends open, if they are cast? No, not at all. The way it works is, if you are cast, you will be joining a POOL of actors that we will cast future episodes from. AFTER your audition, if you’re cast, we’ll pick out specific dates and ask you to lock them in and commit to them. You don’t have to hold any dates open to act in the show until we do that.