Donations are welcome! It costs about $800-$1000 to make a 48 hour film. Donations help make filming possible. To donate, click the button below. All donations are gratefully appreciated. You can donate any amount, large or small. If you donate $100 or more, you will receive a producer credit on the film. Please use the link below to donate today:
We’re making short film in the 48 Hour Film Project, and are looking for some volunteers.
This year’s 48 Hour Film Project runs from 7/13-7/15. (See “How 48 Hour Fests Work,” below) Filming will take place in the greater Seattle area, on Saturday 7/14. The movie will play at the SIFF Uptown Theater in Seattle, along with other films created in the fest. Volunteers must be available ALL DAY Saturday 7/14 (from 8 a.m. till late night.) (We usually finish filming by 8 p.m. but sometimes run later)
We are looking for:
- Actors (look for an audition notice soon). FOUND!
- SINGERS! Read info about audition here – still looking!
- A boom person to record audio (FOUND!) (Welcome, Steve!)
- A composer (will be needed on Sunday 7/15) (FOUND!) (Welcome, Lennon!)
- Production Assistants (FOUND!)
- A DANCE choreographer (FOUND!
- A props person (to build props for the movie) (FOUND!)
- A costume person (to help with costume alterations on the set) Found! Welcome, Thomas!
- An effects person (aftereffects/cgi) (FOUND!
- An audio editor (to edit and sweeten the sound)(will be needed on Sunday 7/15) Found! Welcome, Cooper
HOW 48 HOUR FILM FESTS WORK
- We will receive our ASSIGNMENT on Friday July 13th at 7 p.m. (Each team is assigned a genre, the name of a character, a prop, and a line of dialogue, all of which have to be in the movie). (We won’t know anything about our movie till we receive our assignment. It could be a comedy, a musical, a western, a romance, a superhero movie… anything.)
- After we receive our assignment, our screenwriter (who has already been chosen) will write a short screenplay incorporating these elements. (Writing the script is NOT a group process.) (Most screenplays written by groups, especially on short notice, are the worst kind of garbage, and we won’t be doing it that way.)
- The screenplay will be finished by midnight on Friday 7/13. When it’s finished it will be emailed to the actors and other participants.
- All filming will take place on Saturday July 14th. Actors must be available ALL DAY on 7/14, from 8 a.m. till 8 or 9 p.m.
- The movie will be on Saturday night. The editing will be completed by Sunday morning.
- The edited movie is sent to the composer by 10 a.m. on Sunday morning, 7/15. The composer has from 10 a.m. till 2 p.m. to create an original musical score for the film.
- When the music is finished and received, we will do a final audio mix.
- We then rush down to turn in the finished movie by 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- The movies play at the brand-new SIFF Uptown theater in Seattle on July 17th and 18th.
- Some movies made for 48 hour festivals go on to play in other film festivals, and most of them also end up online.